- They would be referred as Sex-Workers.
- There would be an age limit to women or men entering the profession of prostitution. This would save the small girls who are thrown into this business in their teens.
- Proper contraceptions such as condoms would be used. This would avoid the sexual diseases such as AIDS.
- Middle Level people such as Dalal's would be eliminated providing profit directly to the person as well as the government.
- High taxes would be taken from each session.
- Most importantly consent of the sex-worker would be taken in mind.
- Since Sex worker would be benifiting goverment greatly Her future would be taken care of.
- They would be given opportunity to part away from profession whenever she wants.
- Monthly check ups would be oraganized to make sure their health and also if a person is healthy enough to mate.
- They can do service to community by providing sex-education to youngsters OR whom we call ( the jumping hormones. )
- Now if in this way prostitution is legalized the sexworkers would find it really good. Its a bad bad world where sex-workers are harrassed by both the customers as well as sex-agents as well as by Police and society. They are like officially rejected every where and this is one ray of light which should help them.
- Even if you legalise it now, you'll still have illegal redlight areas like you have now. If prostitutes don't have any choice now, then what choice will they have once, their pimps get more power?
- You can talk about: their health, their rights, their "welfare" etc. But
the question still remains: why should any woman have to sell her body
to earn a living? Don't we have better options today?
- What would you do if some girl in the future said: "I want to be a sex-worker when i grow up!" As far as Sex Education is concerned, why can't the teacher impart the
same knowledge? Are we, as a society, so sex-starved that we cannot
teach our own kids about sex?
- Who in thier right mind would pay a prostitute, by cheque/card?
- Who would want their bank records to show, that they have visited a prostitute?
- If prostitue got payed only in cash, then how much of that would she declare to this great government of ours that has reduced her to a sex-worker?
- Judging by the number of prostitutes in India, how much money would the IT department have to spend in order to conduct raids on all these "workers"?
- If you legalise it, then it would become an industry(which it already is), and would be even more difficult to eliminate.
Do you think that a women would want to be a prostitute, if she was qualified to be a doctor or a lawyer? Forget that; what if she had passed her 12th, and was eligible for being a cop? Dhaval, would you become a gigolo, if you had a B.E.? or any other qualification?
- But again from a lifestyle perspective it would be really cool enough to have a sex-education parlor.
- You know where people from any age and any community can come and talk their sexual problems or would get their doubts solved.
- There is a difference between a person telling a path and a person walking a path. Even your mother would tell you sex with unknown partner is wrong you may get STD (Sexually transmitted Diseases).
- But if a you see a guy in person who has been living and struggling with a disease Impact is really deep into your hearts. The men / women so called sex workers would really get a chance to make people know about their stories to the world.
- People would look at them as hero's, who would be contributing a substantial part in making India a better, mature country.
Why do we need to create even more prostitutes to teach kids about the evils of prostitution?
Do you think that a prostitute, would want her children to also grow up to be prostitutes?
And in that manner Shazia supported Abhay's point of view that finally it should not be legalized. But hey we both shared the same view port that it should definitely be demolished from the society. Thank you Shazia and Abhay for joining the discussion it turned out to be a great blog post.
Do you think you have better opinion on this topic ? Do you think you have a solution ? Post a comment and communicate, Even at a smaller level your comments do make a difference.